You Design it, We Create it!
This educational program is designed to give the children in school, scout, and camp groups the opportunity to see their design brought to life in glass. Our glassblower will randomly choose a picture submitted by your group and that design will be created by our talented gaffer. The person whose design was chosen will have the piece directly shipped to their home. All other children in your group will receive a complimentary Howe Glassworks medallion.
- Fee for “You Design It, We Create It” Program is $200
- Drawings should be submitted 7 days prior to demonstration date
- Fee includes: educational demonstration with narration, glass creation, and glass medallions
- This program is designed for school-aged children only and limited to school, scout, and camp groups
- Payment in full due 7 days prior to demonstration date
Click below to download and print the form for each member in your group to draw their creation.
Ashes to Art
This program offers the opportunity to memorialize your loved one or beloved pet in a handcrafted glass creation that you can keep forever. This program is also available even if you are not able to visit the studio in person. Ship us the ashes of your dearly departed, your piece will be made specifically for you with love and respect by infusing the ashes into glass and creating a lasting beautiful memory.
- Ashes to Art creation fee is $200
- Payment due in full at the time of order. NO REFUNDS. NO RETURNS
- Fee includes: glass, color (up to 3), and assisting the artist with your creation (optional)
- Shape options for Ashes to Art are: heart or orb
- Free engraving with name, date, and/or quote is available upon request
- Shipping on any order is $30
Commissions & Custom Orders
Have an idea? We do custom work that fits within your budget. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Repairs are available upon request. Pricing will be dependent on the size of the repair.
DORIAN ORDYNE – Director/Artist
Dorian discovered her passion for creativity at a very young age realizing that artistic expression brought her immense amounts of joy. She spent most of her childhood exploring many different mediums such as: dancing, painting, drawing, and pottery. Her passion for glass began in her hometown of New Orleans where she saw glassblowing for the very first time at the New Orleans Glassmaking and Printing Company. In 2014, Dorian decided to pursue a career in glassblowing. Under the tutelage of several Master Gaffers, Dorian was able to hone her own skills and continue growing as an artist. Now, she has finally found a place she is proud to call home; with us, right here in Upstate New York.
Dorian is our Resident Artist, Master Dragon, and Head Director of Howe Glassworks Studio at Howe Caverns in Howes Cave, NY. Dorian uses all of her training and knowledge to bring the amazing art of glassblowing to the Capital District and share her love of the art with our guests.
Pam Newell – Hot Shop Assistant/Apprentice